- From 20 January 2009 until 31 December 2009, Passenger cars with a displacement of 1.6 liters and below will get a sales tax break -- a decrease from 10% to 5%.
- The government will set aside 5 billion RMB to subsidize the purchases of 1.3 liter and below displacement vehicles by (and I'm translating here) "peasants who scrap their three-wheeled vehicles and low-speed delivery vehicles" in favor of these newer, low-emission vehicles.
- Cancel "unreasonable rules that limit purchases of cars" (清理取消限购汽车的不合理规定). (No details given on which rules are "unreasonable".)
- The government will spend 10 billion RMB over the next three years to support the development of "new resource vehicles" (新能源汽车) and components.
- The government will continue to push for consolidation in both the assembly and parts industries.
Sourced from articles in Jingji Guancha Wang and Caijing.